Saturday, June 12, 2010

Rancid “...And Out Come the Wolves” (1995)

Rancid's ...And Out Come the Wolves is an often overlooked classic from the 90's. I guess you could say that the album was my first true punk experience and I'm sure many of you would disagree about this being *true* punk, but anyway you look, it had massive influence on my musical growth and even got me into such hardcore legends as Black Flag, Minor Threat, Dead Kennedy's, and pretty much every other US punk band you can think of. I'll be glad to admit the fact that ...Wolves is a little overfilled, but all the songs are catchy as hell and I really couldn't do without any of them. Many among my age might credit Green Day for opening the doors to "old school" punk education, not for me because I never really saw them as punk or even being punk influenced (no matter how many times Billy Joe wanted to praise The Clash) and their records from that time have become increasingly stale through the years. Rancid, on the other hand still sounds fresh and full of forceful energy and show no signs of slowing down. ...And Out Come the Wolves is by far one of the greatest (and most underrated) albums from the 90's and continues to hold many fond memories from my youth that I wouldn't trade for anything in the world. –Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment