Monday, April 12, 2010

Hüsker Dü ”Candy Apple Grey” (1986)

A far cry from the ealier fuzzed-out-high-electric sound they created on past works, but the extremely catchy melodies are what makes Candy Apple Grey truly soar. I didn't know how to take it at first. My first exposure was New Day Rising and that, of course, is what made me fall in love with them, so I was a little taken' aback with the melancholy subject matter. Nevertheless, this has become my favorite Husker album by a long shot. There's no filler, just 10 top-notch songs that I never get tired of hearing. The set perfectly displays how far these guys have progressed from album to album and the fact that it was their major label debut paints the notion of a band that reached their full potential and achieved every ambition they set out to accomplish. Candy Apple Grey is hands down one of the most perfect albums I have ever heard. –Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment